Motor World Sydney Pty Ltd (MWS) ABN 28 125 227 752 respects your privacy. MWS is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (Principles) established under The Privacy Act 1988. The act authorises the collection of personal information in order to provide you with information you have agreed to receive regarding our event and the conduct of the event. The Privacy Act also limits how MWS uses your information and when and to whom it can be released.
This statement applies to the MWS website, associated event websites and electronic marketing and news bulletins distributed to the MWS database.
We do collect personal information, for example your name and email address, where you have provided it for ticket purchases, information, feedback or subscription purposes.
We do not share information about you with third parties without your permission unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with information or a service that you have requested
- where it is required for insurance purposes including activities associated with the MWS event such as controlled test drives
- where the owner of the test drive vehicle or the dealerships involved with the test drive vehicle
- is required or authorised by law
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health.
- You may request access to personal information about you that we hold. We encourage you to contact us about your personal information if you find that it is not accurate or complete.
- You may opt out of any further contact from us.
- To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
The Privacy Act provides you with a number of rights, including:
- you must be told why your personal information is being collected and whether it can be given to anyone else your personal information can only be collected for a lawful purpose
- you have the right to see what information is held about you and have it corrected if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete (the Freedom of Information Act 1982 also covers this)
- you have the right to have your personal information stored securely and protected from unauthorised access or misuse
- you have the right to know how your personal information will be used
- if you believe your privacy has been infringed you can make a complaint to MWS
Contact us about your privacy concerns:
Unit 4, 3 Rocklea Drive, Port Melbourne Vic 3207
Enquiries T. +61 3 8698 2000